Friday, September 29, 2006

AS:G'day all.... This first post should actually be dated 12th september, so don't believe everything you see on the internet. Cheers.
The Arse

First ever blog. Should be something special right? Wrong!! it isn't.... As the title implies i'm currently on a medium, not a high thankfully not a low...

There weren't any EPL fixtures to take my mind off things, and even if there were, the form the Arse wouldn't do me any good. They look like they're about to score any minute but what happens? An ill thought challenge and the penalty that ensues finishes us off. I mean how much more frustrating can it get?

We have (arguably) the best striker in the whole wide world but he isn't fit enough to do us much good. We have another taller, supposedly more dominating striker with zillions of chances but none that touch the back of the net! (eerily reminiscent of Kanu innit?) A midfield that even if it is thin, it's still quite formidable. An okay defense, but coupled with the best keeper of last year. We should be winning!!!!

But at least we got rid of cashley and that whiny winger. Arsene made a great coup on the last day of transfers, getting Gallas and The Beast so we did good by the cards we were dealt.

But enough of the football. What once was a welcome distraction from the everyday bustle of life had become an infatuation to rival Paris's. Fortunately it abated, but still...i become an idiot at least once a day because of football.
Actually more presicely because of the Arse.

I said enough already!! This music thing is Hard you know?

The Farce

I've always been in a band since i was about 12 years old. Not that hard to imagine, but that was only 9 years ago. I fell in love with music because of my brother. He gave me my first ever Metallica album, it re-load. Not their best most say, but for me it has a special resonance.

Ever since that fateful afternoon i've been clamoring around town looking for old, abused records by old, abused musicians. (the crowning jewel a The Who plays my generation record)

So, after listening to music i came up with the idea of making my own... Couldn't be that hard, coudn't it? (It turns out it isn't hard, it's only hard if you don't want to write crap) I actually have one song that aired on a local radio station here called 'It's you'. I'm pretty proud of that song, it really encapsulated the feelings i had when i first met my current girlfriend. Mostly giddiness

But after that i just fell into a rut. It's not that i haven't made any more songs, it's just that i can't find the will, or energy to record anything. I don't know why, it just happened. (i suspect it's the Arse, but what can i do about that?)
Hopefully, i'll get someone who knows how to do these things make a link so if anyone wants to download my songs they can...I'm pretty computer illiterate.

Oh, boy... i sound a little pathetic don't I?

See you again on another rainy day!!!

No comments: